Monday, February 20, 2012

First Baby Update

We're officially past the 37 week mark as of last Tuesday. The new baby can arrive at any time. The due date is March 6th, but we are hoping for the arrival this Friday, February 24th. Cooper and Colton both have birthdays on the 24th, so it would be cool to have all of our chidrens' birthdays fall on the 24th. Her favorite OBGYN is scheduled to work Friday. Frankly, as far as everyone is concerned the sooner the better - Micole is more than just a little bit cranky.

Micole is actually in good spirits, but she's ready for this kid to arrive. She is going to the doctor once a week now. Because she's over 35 years old, she is considered to be "maternal elderly" so she also has to have twice weekly tests that consist of ultrasounds and checking the baby's heart rate. Maybe she's eligible for "maternal elderly social security" or something too. She should at least get the senior discount at restaurants.

This baby seems so much different to me. I'm a little more patient. I'm relaxed. While it's going to be life changing in going from 2 to 3 kids, it's not the same as going from 0 to 1.When Cooper was in the oven, I didn't have any clue how my life would change. Now, I've been there and done that. And then I did it again right after that with another child 13 months later. Today with the 2 boys at almost 6 and 7, I can relax a little and just enjoy this new baby in a way that I couldn't with them.

When Cooper was born, two days later my mother died. I was the happiest and the saddest I've ever been in my life. The happiest part has lasted for every day since, but the saddest part was about a year and half. Before the saddest part was over, 13 months later Colton was born. So suddenly happy and sad and all of the life changing responsibility and diapers and worries and everything else with 2 kids. So I almost feel in some ways I didn't enjoy it 100% as much as I could have and as much as I should have. With this baby I think I can relax just a bit and realize how great it is. I can just take a deep breath and smile and accept the beauty that God has to offer us. That is the hope, anyways.

At Micole's last Dr visit on Thursday, she was 1 cm dialated. The doctor said though the baby was still up north in "Cleveland". More updates to come....

No comments: