Tuesday, April 05, 2005

First Day Back At Work

I finally got back into the office this morning to find that my computer had been hauled away. On Monday, the network had slowed to a crawl for the entire building. They determined that my computer's network card was malfunctioning and was flooding the entire network. So I couldn't do a whole lot, because they had my computer. I was able to work on my boss's computer, because he was out of the office, but I still couldn't get into my email. So whenever they get me set back up, I'm sure I'll have 50,000 emails to respond to.

I want to thank everyone who sent us their condolences. It is tough right now. We're mostly good, most of the time, but then something small can set us off. Like I'm watching the movie "Sideways" tonight and the main character goes to wish his Mom a happy birthday. So of course I realize that I will never share another birthday with my mother. Which sets me to crying, which then sets Micole to crying, which in turn sets me to crying harder and then she cries harder and so on. We just feed off each other.

I'm sure it will take some time. My friend Elaine died of an aneurysm a couple of years ago and it hasn't been that long since I could say that I was over it and I only knew her for a couple of years. I wonder how long it will take with my mother, who I've known for 31 years. Perhaps I'll never truly get over it.

At least I have some reasons to be joyful, such as the picture below. He seems so much bigger already.

Sharing made simple by JussPress.com

No comments: