Sunday, December 25, 2005

First Christmas

It's 10 PM on Christmas Day. There is a gentle snow coming down outside. The events of the day have come and gone. I'm sitting down writing this on my computer while listening to Casey Kasem's Top 40 Christmas songs. Bing Crosby is singing "I'll Be Home For Christmas".

In some ways I don't feel that I've been able to enjoy Christmas as much this year for various reasons. This is my busiest time of the year at work. We have to do the budgets for 2006. It's a painful process that usually starts sometime around August, hits hard this time of the year, and at some levels will not be finalized until May or June. We joke around at work that budget season seems to be longer than the NBA season including the playoffs.

We're still unpacking and putting stuff away for the move. The move has kept us busy so I have had little time to even notice that Christmas was here. We had the living room cleaned this morning and now it's worse than it was the whole last week with all of the moving boxes to unpack.

Cooper has more toys than he could ever want. At this point he is oblivious to the trappings of Christmas and would probably be satisfied with a few boxes and some paper. Instead he has many elaborate toys that blink, play music, dance, sing when you push a button or perform a certain action. We're living in a bigger house, but now we have to find room for all of these toys. I'm definitely not ready to move yet.

I can't wait till next year when Cooper has some understanding of Santa and Christmas. He did help open some of his presents he seemed to be interested in most of them. It took so long that he fell asleep about halfway through opening them and we had to wait a little while to finish unwrapping them.

Since I'm still blogging on dial-up this post is incomplete. I will be adding pictures of the day's events over the next few days. We may have DSL up and running by Tuesday.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

mini me's momma said...

I know how yo feel...but at least you didn't travel 4 hours away from home and have to cart everything back... and have to deal with a first birthday and more toys in less than 3 weeks! Some toys I'm hiding away till later this Spring/summer...no where to put them and we have so many too. But it's their first, and just think how cool next years will be :)

ieatcrayonz said...

Merry Christmas to you as well.

RB said...

We did small gifts for the kids this year as well. Beaux's very favorite present is a bean bag that is his very own. He won't let you forget it either!

Unknown said...

Ack your pictures aren't working! I wanna see some Xmas Cooper pics.