Thursday, December 08, 2005

Obviously It Was Not The Last Post From Ohio

I was going to pack up the computer this evening. However the time I would've spent doing so was spent on the highway in a snowstorm with an emotional, hormonally charged pregnant woman in her second trimester who was sitting next to a hungry infant that does not appreciate being restrained for more than 15 minutes at a time. The trip on a normal day with no traffic would take less than a half hour. With normal traffic it tends to be a 45 minute to an hour commute. Today it took more than 4 hours. On top of that, Micole spent two hours driving from school to pick me up from work. She has spent most of the last 6 hours in a car.

I think for at least an hour an half, I clocked us going about .8 miles per hour. Most of that hour and a half was spent behind a semi truck with a sign that said "Owner Operators Get Home More Often". I wanted to get a sharpie and write on that sign "BUT NOT TONIGHT!".

We did get off the highway after about three and a half hours. We found an IHOP. Coop got to eat which relieved Micole. When we got back on the highway a half hour or so later, traffic was moving at the rapid pace of 25 miles per hour. So we got home just around 10 PM. Of course the work is not done there, because the garbage cans had to be dug out and returned to the garage, the other car had to be excavated from the snow, and the driveway must be cleaned to ensure another easy commute in just about 7 hours. I let the dog run free. Thankfully, he came back without me having to chase him down.

Cooper did pretty well in spite of the circumstances.

Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you just reassured me that I never want to live in a snow state again. I had snow for the first 20 years of my life, thats enough! I hope all is good with everybody, especially the pg wife and infant.

mini me's momma said...

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW...SOMEWHERE ELSE. Ugh, good luck digging out and getting on track for the move`