Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Final Blog Post - Last One Out Turns The Lights Off

I've given it a lot of hard thought and reflection...This is officially, unless I change my mind the last time I will post on this blog. Well, at least it will be my last blog post from my house in Ohio (hereinafter to be known as the "vacation home"). I plan on packing the computer up tomorrow evening. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to post again from my new home in Kentucky (hereinafter to be known as "Hillbilly Mansion"). Certainly I won't have broadband for at least a couple of weeks.

At best I'll have me some free Juno dial-up, which will allow me to do almost nothing. I'm not sure if at this point in time if I will even get a home phone. Both Micole and I have cell phones, so it seems redundant to pay another 30 bucks (or more) for landline phone service.

I'm going to miss this house and this state. I've lived in this house for 7 years and I've lived in this state for all 31.75 of my years. My neighborhood is such a great neighborhood. I call it "21st century Norman Rockwell". There is something here that you don't see everywhere. Maybe it's all an illusion, but it's my illusion. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to lock the door at night or close the garage door. Kids are kids. They actually play outside and sell lemonade. One time I was walking the dog and I came upon these two young blonde brothers selling lemonade. Since I didn't have any money on me, they gave me a glass for free. Good kids. That's my favorite memory of this neighborhood.

Home isn't going to be home anymore. I remember the feeling I had when I left for college. I kept thinking that my world was going on without me in it. The people here had the nerve to build new restaurants, play high school football games, and go on living without me. The nerve!

It will take a little while to adjust to the move. On the other side of the river, people are just a little bit "differnt" than what I'm accustomed. Not necessarily bad mind you, but if you go to the mall you notice it. It's one of those things I can't explain, but when I see it, I know what it is. At least there are some Buckeye fans on the other side of the river.

So you may not see me around for a little while, but I certainly will be back. I know how to email posts, so if I can't get online at home I'll drop one off at the library or from work. Just in case I don't get back online before then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Vegatables and ham. A Mini Cooper favorite. He ate all of it except for what was left on his face.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

6 comments:

mini me's momma said...

Say it isn't so!
Good luck on the move...take lots of pictures if the holidays come and go before you're back :-)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Marty! Hope to see you back to the blog one day...

ieatcrayonz said...

Best of luck to ya. You've done a great job. Blogging is like a bag of Lays, you can't have just one, now.

Kelli said...

I wish you the best. We'll miss the pics of your kiddo. Take care and hope your back soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Guess you guys are over in the promised land now eh? KY isn't so bad. Really it isn't. I am sure M is enjoying being so close to work.

Have a great holiday M&M&C

Childsplayx2 said...

Three years ago I moved 600 miles to a place where I knew no one. It takes time but eventually you start to feel like the new place is home.

Best of luck to you and your family.