Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Exploding Baby Poop Happens

I was reading a post the other day at another blog HERE about exploding baby poop and I thought "Sure exploding baby poop, my butt. Everyone knows that exploding baby poop is an urban legend, a myth, a fairy tale like spontaneous human combustion, Bigfoot, or the beer fairy." Today I was proven wrong.

Micole called me at work to tell me that Cooper had some exploding poop. Don't worry, nobody was hurt. The blast radius was small, but messy. Unfortunately, Micole didn't take any pictures to confirm that exploding poop exists. So I didn't personally witness the exploding baby poop and I have no real proof, but Micole did see it and I vouch for her character.

Even though we have confirmed the existence of exploding baby poop (which is in the interest of science), some questions remain. What causes it? How does it happen? What are the exact mechanics of it? I personally believe it works in one of three ways. 1) It hits the diaper and then explodes like napalm or 2)There's a time delay and then it explodes like a grenade or 3)It starts up further up and shoots out like a cannonball into the diaper.

I'll leave it to someone else to do the final and necessary research into this vexing phenomenon.

No comments: