Monday, May 15, 2006

Binky Theft And Its Victims: The Untold Story

Cooper has never seen a binky he didn't like. All the time he's taking Colton's and sometimes right out of his brother's mouth. We try to keep track of Colt's binky, but it has a way of disappearing. Look away for a few minutes and it's gone.

There is hope, however. Last night when I asked Cooper where Colton's binky was, he looked at me, stood up, took a few steps and pointed to the small space between the recliner and end table. Colt's binky was right where he pointed.

Cooper understood every word I said. I wonder how much more he understands. A co-worker pointed out to me that soon we will be able to train Cooper to get his Daddy a beer. A tear comes to my eye! The thought may be a bit premature, because even if he gets the beer out of the fridge, he will most probably throw it down the basement steps. I will be sure to buy only canned beer when the proper time comes.

I got home from work today and everybody here was still in their jammies. It was certainly a tough day for Mommy.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

Cooper is used to the being the center of attention. Now that our clan numbers four, it is much more difficult for him to get the same amount of attention. It's not jealousy really, because he doesn't yet comprehend the concept of jealousy. It's because he's totally spoiled. So our first child is spoiled, but at least we can be certain to save Colton from this dreadful fate. There is no way possible for us to give him the same amount of attention as his brother got in his first year.

Colton was off the oxygen when I got home. He was off all day Saturday, but he was a little worse and back on "the sauce" on Sunday.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

I feel like I haven't taken very many pictures of Colton, but at the same time most of the pictures I could take would be of him sitting in his chair with oxygen tubes up his nose. I've already seen enough of that.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

Colton's doing well despite the fact his brother tries to sit on him. Cooper doesn't understand how fragile his little brother is at this point and that Colton can't play with him yet. Cooper likes him a lot, though. Colton fits right into our mix.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

2 comments:

Busy Mom said...

There will be a day when you won't want him to understand so much!

Denise B. said...

Wow, I haven't been here in a while!! Congrats on the new baby! Sorry he got so sick, how scary! Too cool that you now have TWO redheads!!! I'm jealous. I'm hoping to see red hair on ours when we see her in September.
Nine pounds!! wow...how big was Cooper? Isaac was 11.3, and so I'm hoping for a nine pounder as well!

Well, congrats again!! I'm very curious to see how Cooper responds to Colten, as I'm a little nervous about Isaac's response to the new baby.