Monday, May 29, 2006

Long Weekend

Let's see... Things I want to blog for posterity's sake and because my memory is fading with old age...

1) Cooper's word of the week is "Dog". It gets repeated a lot. He saw another dog at the Sunday cookout and he followed it around saying "Dog!". He obviously knows a dog when he sees one, even if it's a different breed. The question is now "does he know the difference between a dog and a cat?".

2) Cooper can climb on the couch without help. This means there is now more stuff he can reachthat we don't want him to get into.

3) He's learned to climb down the steps, but he won' do it if you want him to do it. It would be cool to put the gates away for awhile, but I'm sure if we did that, we would find Cooper in the basement eating the dog food or something worse. He gets into everything. Even stuff he knows he's not allowed to get into. Yep, I've started seeing some open acts of defiance from the boy. He's spoiled.

4) Cooper dances all the time, even to stupid commercials. He's got this one dance where he puts his arm out kind of funky and crooked. I wish I could get it on videotape. I would certainly exploit it by posting it here.

5) Cooper ate hamburger today. He has never eaten red meat before. He has always pushed it away in the past. We've been able to get him to eat chicken (nuggets), but he mostly eats fruit, powdered donuts, pancakes, and Cheez-Its. Loves the Cheez-Its.

6) We turned on the A/C in the house on Saturday. I planted some "crops" in my garden today. My raspberries and strawberries are nearly ready. I expect to eat a few of my homegrown strawberries by this weekend.

7) Colton looks more and more like Cooper each day. The other day I picked Colton up out of the crib and I had a flashback to picking Cooper up when he was that age.

8) Colton did something today that Cooper has never done. He pooped on Micole. He had pretty good volume and distance, I must say.

Here's a picture of Colton doing what he does best. Sleeping.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Is it the living room or the toy room?

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Cooper will follow Dobie wherever he goes.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

We put together our new dual stroller this weekend. Micole plans to use tomorrow when she'll go shopping with the boys.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Cooper on duty as the lifeguard at Sunday's cookout. Ooh, I feel so much safer.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

The obligatory cute cousin McKenzie picture.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Those eyes are so blue. I think Colton's are going to be the same color.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Chillin' in the bouncy chair.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

2 comments:

mini me's momma said...

Happy Memorial Day! Can you let me know how you guys like your stroller-we need to start looking for one too...

Unknown said...

They are both just adorable! And yep, we're gonna need one of those strollers too.