Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Things I Have To Say

There's nothing quite like picking up the television remote to find that it's covered in fresh baby slobber. There are so many things about having a baby that I never could've expected.

Cooper walks like a little penguin. He also likes sitting in the dog bed. He just kills me.

We may have a basketball player on our hands. He had his 9 month appointment yesterday. He came in at 30 and 3/4ths inches in length (95th percentile) and 20 lbs 8 oz (40th percentile) . He grew almost 3 inches, but only gained a 1 lb and 1 oz. Coop's had a double ear infection which has been bothering him for nearly a week now and he hasn't had a completely normal appetite.

It's impossible to change his diaper. He has no patience for lying down. His motor is always running. There's always something to look at, play with, or somewhere that needs to be explored. Sooner rather than later, something will wind up in his mouth. I'd say for sure it requires three hands, but it just might take four.

Micole and I had a date night on Saturday. Grandma Stella came over to babysit and we went to see "The Chronicles of Narnia". I believe it's the first time I've been to a movie theatre since Cooper has been born. I really hadn't noticed.

Here are some photos from the last week. I've been derelict in posting photos to the blog.

'share
Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

share video
Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

share video
Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

share video
Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

share video
Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

share video
Share Video and Photos at DropShots.com

3 comments:

mini me's momma said...

Holy Moley! Nicholas is only a bit over 30 inches at 12 months and 21lbs 2 1/2 oz!

Unknown said...

I've got you beat on the height. Nathan is way off the chart, over 100th percentile at 34 inches at 15 months. I love watching Nathan walk now that he knows how (finally). Be glad you don't have a small dog crate like we do, Nathan LOVES to crawl in it every time he finds the door open.

♥Caroline♥ said...

Very cute son that you have. It's such a joy to watch them grow and then you forget how small they were, time sure flies.