Monday, February 20, 2006

King Size Beds, The Gang, Music, and the Gated Community

Something I've been neglecting to blog. Cooper has slept in his own bed several times in the last week. Usually he'll still wind up in our bed sometime after midnight, but one night he slept in his bed the whole night. That's only happened once before, I believe. A couple of the other nights he made it until 4 or 5 in the morning, which is very good for him and me. I like the extra room.

This Wednesday our new king size bed will be delivered. Even if Cooper is in bed with us, I won't care because the king size will give me plenty of ample room. Atleast that is what I hope. I don't know if it will make any real difference because Cooper sticks to me like a magnet. I'm guessing that since Mommy absorbs heat and Daddy exerts heat he tends to stay near me to keep warm.


Video Sharing at DropShots.com

Cooper's cousins, Thomas, Mason, and Logan, came over to play on Saturday for a few hours. The boys played and the boys did what boys generally do. Which is of course, make plenty of noise and knock things over.

It was fun to watch Cooper join in with the others. He had a rollicking good time. Not 11 months old yet, but he wants to play with the big boys and be a part of the gang. He doesn't know what the big boys are doing; he just knows that he wants to join them in doing what they are doing. Too cute.

One time they were playing with Dobie. Cooper just laughed when Dobie would bring the ball back. He even picked the ball up once and threw it. The ball only went a few feet, but I don't believe I had seen the young lad actually, intentionally, purposively throw the ball before.

Video Sharing at DropShots.com

Look at that look on his face. I remember when he was just a lump in a chair. Now he's all boy.

Video Sharing at DropShots.com

Proof for future generations that one time the Mini Cooper allowed Aunt Heather to hold him without him crying.

Video Sharing at DropShots.com

My nightly confession: I'm really only blogging tonight because Grandma Stella's coming over tomorrow. Otherwise, I probably would've waited another day. I mean, I gotta blog. It's in my blood, but I've enjoyed stepping back a little bit from it and using it to spend more time playing with him. I want to catch every moment and hold it, then hopefully remember to blog about it later.

Just a little bit ago we were playing. He got this little Lion King scooter toy for Christmas from Pappy. It's got keys on it like a little 8 key piano. The notes it plays when you touch the keys make music that sound like something out of an old Dracula horror film. I showed Cooper how to get the keys to play a note. I'd press each key a few times, while he would watch. Then he'd hit the keys and play a note or two. Mostly he'd just get excited and smack the keys with his hands.

There's something going on in that brain of his. It's just starting to come out. It is an exciting time to watch. I'm glad I get to be in the studio audience for this show.

Video Sharing at DropShots.com

Something else happened the other day. Cooper climbed the stairs. I had just gotten out of the shower and dressed when I came downstairs to watch him. I watched the television for a few minutes when I realized that it was quiet, too quiet. Just like it is in the movies, like just right before the serial killer jumps out of the bushes to slit the young couple's throats. So I knew something had to be wrong. I looked around and didn't find him at first, but then I saw him upstairs. Gasp!

Now we live in a gated community. There's one gate to the basement and one to the upstairs bedrooms. Living in a tri-level certainly has it's disadvantages.

Video Sharing at DropShots.com

Tonight we went to a restaurant for dinner with Aunt Heather, Uncle Tom, and the boys. It was pleasant enough. Again, Cooper wants to be part of the gang. First, Thomas and Mason started hitting the table with their hands. Soon young Logan joined in, until finally Cooper joined the chorus. A sight to behold. A little annoying perhaps, but defintely interesting.

Video Sharing at DropShots.com

1 comment:

mini me's momma said...

Happy belated 11 months Cooper! Tell Dady you need a bday pic posted!