Monday, February 21, 2005

24 more days

We posted a few pictures from yesterday's baby shower below. We have to thank everyone for all of the great gifts. You are so generous; our cups runneth over. We are truly blessed to have great friends and family.

Micole had a doctor's appointment this morning. According to the doctor, "The baby is content and nothing is happening." Translation: Baby likes his/her current accomodations and isn't ready to find a new lodgings. Micole was hoping the baby was getting ready. A few weeks early wouldn't be a bad thing according to Micole.

I may have been having sympathy pains yesterday. After eating lunch, I felt bloated and like I could barely breathe when doing simple activities. Or I'm just out of shape. My back hurts today, but that's from having to lean down to paint.

The paint job in the nursery definitely needs some touching up in a few places. I will be doing that on Thursday afternoon, which can't come soon enough. We have to get that room done so we can start moving some of the baby gifts into the room. The house is a mess.

I took Grandma Barb to the hospital twice today for tests. These new tests are to find out if the cancer has spread anywhere else in her body, so that the doctors can determine her eligibility for clinical trials. I've spent a lot of time researching clinical trials over the last week. I've learned a lot. I can tell you the difference between squamous cell cancer and adenocarcinoma, what the Karnofsky scale is, the definition of metastases, and what EGFR is and why it is important in esophageal cancer. I am confident she's a good candidate for most if not all of the applicable trials. If they find a trial for her, it will be difficult for us, because it is likely she'll have to travel to MD Anderson in Houston or Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York or elsewhere, and thus my parents will miss the birth of their first grandchild. So we will be sad, but we will be much more sad if they can't find her a trial.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the Le French babe' picture of you? The one with the beret?

And where is the painting picture? I want to see your snazzy outfit!


:)

Anonymous said...

That should say SOON to be Auntie Kelly not So to be...