Thursday, February 24, 2005

3 Weeks: Pregnant and Uncomfortable, Part Deux

Micole could not sleep at all last night. She was crying this morning, because her school was only on a one hour delay. She was really wishing for that snow day. I felt bad for her. On the positive side, I was able to sleep fine without all of her snoring.

I touched up the nursery today and it looks a lot better. We'll be able to move a lot of the baby stuff out of our living room this weekend. If we don't have claustrophobia now, we're never going to get it.

Good News/Bad News/Good News: We went to the oncologist today and my mom has no new cancers. It's only in the esophagus and liver. Which is a HUGE relief. The bad news: the cancer in the liver is in the words of her doctor "impressive". So there will be no clinical trial; she will start chemotherapy on Tuesday. It would take several weeks to get into a trial and the doctor felt that treatment needed to start sooner. She won't being going anywhere, which means she will be here for the birth of Baby Johnson!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marty and Micole,

Congratulations on being expectant parents.

Marty, just got the news about your mom today (her email) and I'm glad it's not spreading. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers.


Dave Neufarth