Monday, August 15, 2005

Reporting Live From Cooper D's Crib

Micole has that natural mother instinct. Within just a split second of expelling the large ball of human flesh now known as Cooper D (aka The Mini Cooper), and despite the great pain and chaos she had experienced, she had the wherewithal to ask the nurses if her baby was alright. The whole time I was in the emergency room, I was just trying not to pee down my leg without much success.

For the first 4 months and 3 weeks of young Cooper's life he slept in his cradle in our room, but that has changed. We've been slowly moving him over to his crib in the nursery. At first we put him in for naps here and there and then a little more and a little more, until Friday night when I put him to bed for his first night away from our room. The first night was a bit difficult. I didn't want to fall asleep for fear of not hearing him on the baby monitor.

It was difficult for Micole, too. She's used to leaning over and checking on him, replacing the binky in his mouth, and trying to get him to relax. Now she's got to walk across the entire house just to put the binky back in his mouth. So last night I set up our video baby monitor. Now Micole can see her little boy and it gives her a little relief. She still needs to have our bedroom door open, just in case she wouldn't be able to hear him on the monitor, the power went out, the sound stopped working or there was an alien invasion where the aliens hijacked our baby monitor frequencies (just think of the movie "Signs"). That's the mother in her. She's so beautiful when she's like that.

There's one MAJOR problem with the video baby monitor. It is EXTREMELY bright. Like I slept the whole night with a pillow over my head kind of bright. I'm trying to come up with an idea to reduce the brightness. My thoughts are to find some tinted glass or plastic to put in front of the screen or put some kind of see through cloth over the monitor that would reduce brightness, but where you'd still be able to see what's on the monitor. I've already tried to adjusting the settings on the monitor with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Cooper on the video baby monitor.

Share videos and photos at JussPress.com

Maybe he absorbs the nutrients through his facial pores, because not much is getting down to his stomach.

Share videos and photos at JussPress.com

This is my mood today.

Share videos and photos at JussPress.com


Share videos and photos at JussPress.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had an idea that might help, but other than covering the monitor with something opaque, I am clueless. Did you really pee your pants? LOL

Marty said...

Well that was an exaggeration, but I was very nervous.