Sunday, September 11, 2005

Any Given Sunday

In my house there are 5 seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Football. The most important of these is of course, Football season. It has now been almost 13 years since I last suited up for a college football game. I miss it. Every day. (But my knees do not.)

I made a huge mistake last night. I didn't wear any Ohio State paraphernalia. I'm just very superstitious, but last night I threw caution to the wind. What was I thinking? Normally I follow the rules. Wearing Buckeye clothing during a game is a must.

Another of my hard and steady rules is to never order a pizza before or during an Ohio State football. I ordered a pizza once when Ohio State (then ranked #1 in the polls) was up 17-0 on Michigan State in the 1st quarter. Well we lost 31-24, so now I will not have anything to do with pizza before or during an Ohio State game.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. Was it that I ordered pizza? Or that I ate it? Or that it was delivered? Would it make any difference if someone else ordered it or I went and picked it up? I do not know and I will not try to find out. I will not test the college football Gods.

So it is all my fault that the Buckeyes lost last night. They always struggle or lose when I don't wear something with OSU on it. Ryan Hamby would've caught that pass for a TD if I had worn a Buckeye shirt. This I am sure of. Well, at least Michigan lost.

Cooper and I are hoping for better results today with the Bengals. We're both wearing Bengals outfits. So far it seems to be working as the Bengals are up 10-3 in the second quarter.

A happy Bengals fan.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Mini Cooper training in his Exersaucer to be a football player.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Grandma Stella came up to see us today and watch the game with us.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.