Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Name Is?

We've probably confused the heck out of poor Cooper. We have so many names, nicknames, and variations of his name that we use. I'm pretty sure he won't figure out his actual full name until sometime in the first grade. Some of the names he's been called are Coop, Coopie, The Mini Cooper, The Coopster, The Coopmeister, Cooperooni, Cooperoni, Cooperino, Coop-A-Loop, Cooper Duper, Super Cooper, Cooper De Pooper, Coop Dawg, Coop Doggy Dog, Mister C, C.D., Cooper D, Cooper Cabana, and Crusher. Pappy once said that he was going to get too big to be called The Mini Cooper. He said that he would have to start calling him Cadillac. I say no to Cadillac, but we can call him Cooper Deville.

Micole had open house at school tonight, so I had the pleasure of taking care of Cooperino on this fine evening. Now that C.D.'s no longer the lump he once was, he's much easier to care for. He can sit up on his own and play with toys. You don't have to stand right over him every second to keep him occupied.

I picked Coop Dawg up from the baby sitter at about 5:30. Mister C was already asleep when I got there and he stayed that way for the duration of our trip home. The Coopster and I stopped off to see Pappy. I had to help Pappy with some financial transactions. Coop-A-Loop showed him how he can pull himself up by using Daddy's thumbs. Unfortunately, The Mini Cooper was up to his old ways and cried constantly when Pappy would hold him.

My wife often says I can't do more than one thing at a time. Ha! When I finally returned home, I gathered myself, Dobie, a plastic bag, The Coopmeister, and his stroller for a walk. So in one hand I had the dog's leash and poop bag, while pushing Coopie in his stroller with the other. But darn it! I forgot to bring the camera so I could have proof for my wife that I am capable of doing more than one thing. I don't know how I would've managed to take a picture (no hands available), but I wish I had the opportunity to try. Surely there is someone in the neighborhood that saw me perform this amazing feat and can tell my wife. Hopefully I won't have to bribe them.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Coop and I played together for awhile with all of the toys. Even my drum. He's getting the hang of it.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Crusher is really getting the hang of playing with that toy. Just a few days ago I had to spin it for him, but now he can spin it a little bit by himself.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

I thought by now I would've gotten better at feeding Coop Doggy Dog. I thought wrong. I'm not sure if I got any food in his mouth at all. Maybe there's a class at the local community college I can take. Yes, I'd like to request a syllabus for Babyfeeding 101 for Daddies.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

What ever we call him, Cooper D, Cooper Cabana, Cooperoni, or The Little Loveable Beast That Empties Daddy's Bank Account, we eventually have to call it a day. It was a good day. A very good day.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

3 comments:

Denise B. said...

Enjoy this sweet time when he can play by himself but is not mobile. Trust me. The minute they start moving, toys are no longer interesting, but the phone, the remote control, any decorations within hands-reach, and cabinet doors are VERY interesting.

Marty said...

Let me live in my blissful dreamworld for a little while! I've already thought about when he starts moving around. Things will have to be nailed down or moved out of reach.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, glad to hear everthing is going well. Yes, it's true, I'm reading the blog and I'm not at your house. :)