Wednesday, November 02, 2005

#2 With A Bullet

Well, I didn't get to sleep when I wanted to last night. Within mere seconds of placing my head on the pillow, Cooper's binky fell out of his mouth. Usually, anymore he'll put the bink back in on his own, but the night Daddy wants to sleep early it's a different story. When I arrived in the nursery, we played a game of put the bink in, spit it out for several minutes.

Eventually I picked him up and took him to the rocker. At one point the bink fell out again, but I absolutely refused to put it back in. Coop sat up groggily, put it in his mouth, and then fell as if he were fainting onto my chest. I heard a mild thud as his head hit below my sternum.

I know I'm #2. Mommy's #1. I think I've narrowed the gap over time. It used to be that if Mommy left for 15 minutes to go to the store, I would be treated to 14 and 1/2 minutes of baby screams. Not the case anymore, but sometimes I feel like chopped liver. For example, I picked him up a week or so ago at the baby sitter's house. He cried a little when I got there and then pretty much ignored me. A few hours later, I'm laying on the floor playing with him. Mommy walks in and suddenly he's crawling up my shoulder acting as if he's going to jump straight onto the recliner and then climb up the back of it to her. Yes, I'm definitely #2.

Mommy makes faces and it's laugh out loud funny. Daddy makes faces and I get a look like "who is this freak Mommy's hanging out with?". A lot of times I get ignored when it comes to the fun stuff.

Cooper surprised me on the way to work this morning. I said "Cooper let's clap!", and then I clapped my hands dot-dadot-dot-dot-dot. He starts clapping. "Oh you really are paying attention to me!", I think to myself. A nice moment. But I'm still #2.

It's not the television remote, but it will do.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

This position is kind of new. It's the first time I've seen him get up this far by himself. He gets frustrated because he can't stand up. It's funny to watch.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

What did I do before I had a baby and a blog?

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

My favorite picture of the night.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

3 comments:

Jack's Mom said...

Don't worry about being #2 for very long. In our house now, Daddy reigns supreme and now I am #2. Give it another year and you guys are going to be closer than close!

Anonymous said...

Yep, another 6 months or so, and mommy will be chopped liver. Happened here to, and I am still #2. What did any of us do before we starting blogging? LOL

Unknown said...

My husband just had Nathan for five days while I went on a business trip and when I came back I was suddenly #2. It sucked, but in a way I'm glad he likes his dad so much. He still likes me, he just likes playing with dad better.