Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My New Kentucky Home

It's official. I now own two houses. Now comes the hard part. What do I do with my 1st home? Lease it? Sell it? Burn it down for the insurance money? I just don't know.

(Let me just state for the record in the off chance that my house would burn down, I was just kidding about the burning the house down for the insurance money part. I did not do it. Of course, you never know I may just be saying that to give myself an alibi. I mean who would say they're going to burn their house down for insurance money and then do it? That would just be stupid, right? It's sort of like the plot line for the movie Basic Instinct. Of course, I'm kidding and I don't want anyone to believe I would really burn my house down, because that's just plain stupid... Okay, I admit it. I've had a couple of celebratory beers this evening and I'm in relaxed and joking mood tonight.)

It was a tough day. Nothing seemed to quite go my way today. We didn't know until 1:30 that we would close at 6:00. I didn't get much done today at work because Microsoft has some bad bugs in their software, which effectively rendered my afternoon efforts useless.

It wasn't until 4:57 that I finally got the call on how much we had to bring to the closing. The bank closes at 5:00. Of course, I needed to bring a cashier's check to the closing. So I sprinted down to my bank. I get there just in time. Only three people in line. They all take forever. I finally get to the teller after about 15 minutes and I get the dumb one. I've had to get cashier's checks before and it only took 2 minutes, but this time it took 10. You spell it "M - I - C - O - L - E".

We got to Countrywide right around 6:00. The title agent who did the closing got there about 6:45. He was running behind from some other closings. Nothing went the way I hoped today.

It's all worth it because, now I have two houses (I swear I will not burn down either of them intentionally).


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

4 comments:

mini me's momma said...

Congrats! At least you'll have time to get the new place "just right" before moving in...
but where will Cooper's 1st Christmas be?

jdg said...

wait, wasn't the whole point of basic instinct that she actually did do the murders just like she wrote about? or was I just so distracted by the sight of A-list boobery at age 15 that I forgot the plot. . .?

Anonymous said...

We had two houses at once for awhile, too. Took forever for the old house to sell - buyers kept falling through and all that, but it finally did. Good luck with the new house!

RB said...

Lease it!!