Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Mystery of the Missing Bowl

We had quite the mystery this morning. Cooper knocked over Dobie's food and water bowls. I put them back in place. As I've said before, saying "no" does not work yet. Within the minute, Cooper knocked the bowls over again, but this time I could only find one.

I looked and looked and looked some more. Under the dining table. By the garbage can. Beside the refrigerator. Under chairs. After several minutes I became extremely frustrated. I was starting to believe the bowl rolled into a wormhole and was stuck in some parallel dimension. Soon I formulated a plan, which involved calling CBS to get their CSI people on the case, but because it would've involved a large amount of cash I instead decided to wake up the wife.

She got up and looked around for a minute or two. She was initially as perplexed as I was, until she came upon the solution. It turns out the two bowls were stacked together. When Cooper knocked the bowls over the second time, the one must have flipped perfectly onto the other. Mystery solved. Case closed. Daddy stupid.

No comments: