Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Annual Meeting

I almost forgot today was the annual shareholder's meeting of Procter and Gamble. Since I work in downtown Cincinnati and I'm a shareholder, I always try to stop in and get the free stuff. They hand out some nice products before the meeting. Gotta get my free stuff. Now they own Gillette so there is even more free goodness to be had.

P&G, some people around here it call it Procter and God, is considered a "granny" stock. A lot of older people own the stock because it's fairly steady and they're pretty consistent with increasing earnings and dividends. I've owned it about 7 years and I think with dividends reinvested it's about doubled, which would be about 10% per year growth.

At least 60% of the crowd was over 70 today and that might be a conservative estimate. It was pretty much like the early bird special at the Golden Corral. Let me tell you, elderly people do not like waiting in lines. You get to a certain stage in life and I suppose you don't want to spend the rest of your life in a line. They will run you over to get something free. It doesn't matter if they use a walker or if they are in a wheelchair. You gotta get out of their way.

It wasn't too bad this year, because P&G organized the event a little bit better, but last year I swear one lady with a walker was going to threaten me or something. She just had that look on her face. I'm sure she was thinking, "I get to go first, because I've been a shareholder of this company since 1937."

My booty from the meeting. I'd say the total retail value was about $40 or so. Definitely worth 20 minutes of my time and walking 2 blocks.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

I think I will buy Cooper a share or two of P&G for his 1st birthday, but I won't take him to the shareholder meeting. He might get run over. I like the song "Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer", but I don't want to hear the song "Cooper Got Ran Over By A Grandma".

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Mommy tickles Cooper.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

I got a little bit of video of him laughing before the card on the digital camera ran out of memory.

Upload Video at JussPress.com

Cuddling up with Mommy on this fall evening.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

I love this picture. It looks like he's thinking. I always wonder what he's thinking. It's probably like "Ooh... That thingy over there looks shiny. Maybe I should put it in my mouth."

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Batteries...ohhhh...they are a hot commodity when the kids gets older...and they're AA! I am envious.

Anonymous said...

I want goodies!! And six months of formula! hmmm... going to buy some stock now!

Unknown said...

Back in college we used to love the career fairs for picking up goodies. Since I majored in Chem Eng, P&G was considered the best job you could possibly get. I have several friends working there now. But they have no life outside of work, so I'm glad I didn't take that job. My one friend works at a diaper factory. Man that woulda been nice, free diapers.