Thursday, October 27, 2005

Testing, Testing. 1. 2. 3.

Is it teasing to put the camera on the floor so that Cooper notices it and then pull it slowly away from him to see how far he will crawl after it? I don't think so. Mommy calls it teasing, while I call it testing. I just wanna know how far the boy will go. So far he's gone about 5 to 6 feet before getting frustrated. I thought it was sort of funny when he cried, so maybe it really was teasing.

Cooper loves the ladies and the ladies love the Cooper (Cooper already knew this, of course). We were at Panera tonight for dinner. Mommy gave him a bottle so she had to sit outward from the booth. Cooper kept leaning over to see the girls in the booth next to us. He was quite taken with them.

When is the proper time to de-binkify a baby? I just wondered. I suppose it could cause permanent psychological damage if we waited too long. Of course, we will probably sleep well at night either way.

Jusspress is back up, though I can't upload new photos yet. Just in case you missed them, be sure to check out the photos from this post.

The customary nightly photos of our little dude.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's gonna be a hit with the girls! I admit I 'encouraged' mine to crawl and walk in the same manner...maybe next time use something he can play with, and when he gets frustrated, give it to him?

As for the binkie...my oldest was the only one we had to take it away from, and I did that when she was about a year old. Two of the others just lost interest around C's age, and another never liked it. I think you have some time, but please, please, don't let him be one of the 3 year olds I see walking around with one! Figure the binkie should go when the bottle goes.

Erin said...

Benjamin is 19 months old and still takes it for naps and bedtime. When he turned a year, we made a rule that the binky was only for the crib. It has worked really well. Not sure when we'll take him off of it for good... I'm thinking when I can reason with him enough to convince him there is a binky fairy we need to give all the binkies too. So maybe after he turns two...

Erin said...

Excuse the typos and spelling mistakes... I'm kinda tired from being up all night with Ben and his insomnia. Gah.

ieatcrayonz said...

We were so afraid of L getting attached to hers, it was gone at 6 months. It didn't seem to phase her, and she's not a thumb sucker. I think we did it at just the right time for her.

I'd say definitely one at the latest (as another poster stated). Replace the bottle with a sippy of whole milk and bubbye binkie.