Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Big, Big, Big, Big News

Guess what?

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Do you know how hard it is to come here and blog almost everyday for 6 weeks and not be allowed to tell you the big news? I've been busting at the seams. I could barely hold back. It's been eating away at me for so long. Now I can scream it across the entire blogosphere!

WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY! WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY! WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY! WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!

I couldn't post it because Micole had to tell her boss first and she didn't want to do that until after the first trimester. About 6 to 7 weeks ago I had a post ready to go and she stopped me. Man, I've been wanting to blog this.


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

The due date is April 23rd. For those keeping score at home that is one year and 30 days after The Mini Cooper. Thirteen months! We definitely wanted this baby, but we wished he/she could have made a little later appearance.

baby

I think when we first found out (and I mean this in the best possible way, mind you) we were a little disappointed, timing wise anyways. Micole had just gotten done with being pregnant. I don't know how she did it the first time, but to have to turn around and do it all over again just seems cruel. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the blog, but shortly after Micole gave birth to Cooper, I told her that I would never ask her to go through that again. We could adopt. She just laughed at me.

For me it was like I had two kids in reserve (we think we want 3), so this one only brings me closer to "The Big Snip" or "El Snipo Grande". Also, it seemed at the time like I was just starting to enjoy spending time with Cooper and soon my attention will be split between two children. I've been told going from one child to two, is not like adding one. The first one is 1 to the second power, while the second is 2 to the second power, so it's really like going from 1 to 4. Well, I would've found out eventually. On the plus side, if we wind up only wanting 2 kids, then we're done. Finito.

Names picked out so far: Colton for a boy. Charlotte for a girl. Colton is pretty much set, but we still debate on Charlotte now and then.

My money is on another boy. I had a dream that it was another boy. I also had a dream about 4 months before Cooper was born. In it an angel told me that we would have a baby boy. A feeling came over me, a warmth I guess you'd say, and I never once after that doubted that we would have a boy. So I tend to believe in dreams. I also blogged about the dream my mother had before Cooper was born, HERE . Yes, I truly believe in dreams. And angels.

I truly hope it's a boy, too. All the clothes we have are for a boy and they will all be in the same season. Being that they will be so close in age, I think having two children of the same sex will make for better playmates.

There's so much to do around here. We need a bigger house. We have to move, hopefully before the baby arrives. We have something in the works right now, so we'll see how it goes. It probably means moving to Kentucky which has the motto "At least we're not West Virginia." Sorry, Kentuckians. I just had to take one last swipe at Kentucky before I move there. Oh, well at least it's not Michigan.

I've thought about putting up another blog for the next baby, but I think we'll just keep it all here. Probably have to change the name of the blog. I'm thinking "The Mini Cooper and Friends" or "The Mini Cooper and Colt 45" or "The Mini Cooper and Good Charlotte". If anyone has any brilliant blog name ideas let me know.

In today's other lesser and minor news, we traveled to Toys R Us, where we spent a small fortune on toys and clothes for the boy. We got him this Incrediblocks thingamajig, which is cooler than any toy I ever had as a small child. I'm not sure I really know what it does, but I'm sure it requires broadband internet access to use all of the features.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Checking it out.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

A little video with his new toy.

Upload Video at JussPress.com

We also got him this walker. Right now he can only move backwards in it.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! :)

mini me's momma said...

Ditto...Wow & congrats Cooper & co!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Only one more to go, eh? Great news! Best wishes to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Yeah for you!! How on earth did you NOT tell? LOL I'm so happy for you and Micole! :)

Um, if 2 kids is like 4, then what are 4 kids like? The correct anwer would be scary, right?

Busy Mom said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWWW!!! Congrats!! Ours are 12 months apart so I know what you are going through! Joy, uncertainty, JOY, uncertainty, AM I REALLY PREGNANT?, Joy, etc.
Email me rbelle AT gmail DOT com and I will let you see the family site if you like!

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats! I wish I had another one on the way but apparently I have not been performing well in the workshop:-))

Nice weekend

AD

Kelli said...

WOWSERS!!! That is SO very exciting - we are only 2 days apart! The blogs...they will get interesting. I hope your wife feels better soon. I can relate!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

My husband and I like to call KY the promised land. You will love it here.

KIKI

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Irish twins!! You guys are nuts. I asked my doc about birth control BEFORE the Natester was born to specifically avoid such an "oops". Now everybody is chiding me about having another one but I think I'll just take my time.

Anonymous said...

Contratulations! That's awesome. If you want tips on how to deal with two at a time, let me know.