Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Was Here

Cooper is almost crawling. He's getting his arms extended straight down and his hiney in the air like he just doesn't care. His only movement at this point is a slight backwards. I'm thinking it may be just days before we see a full crawl. Oh joy. Everything off the floor now! Cover the electrical outlets. Damn the torpedos! This kid is going to be dangerous.

Something very special happened last night. Cooper slept through the entire night in his crib. This just does not happen. Only once before has The Boy Wonder made it throught the entire night. This just does not happen.

The time he arrives in our bed can vary from 11:30 to 4:30. It's generally a matter of how tired we are. If he wakes me at 2:36 and I'm dead exhausted, I'm picking him up and bringing him into our bed. It's just so much easier that way. If I'm rested and have the time to spare, I'll try to calm him down.

I was very surprised to open my eyes at 5 AM and not have him by my side. It was nice, but I kind of missed seeing him there.

I didn't get any pictures tonight until almost 8 because we were out, but then in only a few minutes I had amassed nearly 50 shots. That's just the way things flow sometimes. Some nights a few opportunities arise for a good picture, while others like tonight there was only one but I feel like tonight was a very good picture taking night.

I was lucky to capture this special moment. It was there and gone in just a couple of seconds.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Then there's another good moment that rolls around and you hope you just don't miss it.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

And then another.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

And another.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

I lived today. I will say that.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

And I am grateful for it. Blessed am I to have seen it.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

He's really trying hard. It takes every bit of his effort to do just the little bit that he can, but he only keeps trying harder. Watching him for just a few minutes you can see he wants to do it. He's almost the epitome of the "The Little Engine That Could".

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

He notices the little things now, like the smallest piece of lint. He focuses in on it. He tries to grab it. He wants to know what it is, or perhaps eat it.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! bella is right behind him, however I learned with my son that I don't actually WANT her to crawl yet! The whole "putting her in one place and she doesn't move" theory is nice!

Anonymous said...

hi i was wondering if it was just my computer but the pictures stopped loading up, your son is so beautiful i love your blog and congradulations on the new baby.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that he is so big already. It seems like just yesterday he was being born. He is too cute.